Recently As They Grow Up introduced me to petcentric, a fun pet-lovers community hosted through Purina . You can read stories, Learn to Speak Dog, share and view pet pics and pet videos, read the dog and cat blogs of featured and furry writers, and even discover pet resources near you!
I love the Fun & Games section. That’s where I learned to “speak dog”. With that interactive game, you type in a few simple words and the dog will act it out in a video. It’s pretty cute and simple. I also was able to find out which dog was perfect for my lifestyle, straight from the dog’s muzzle! I will tell you I own a Shar-Pei and boxer … according to Petcentric’s Pooches, a mixed breed would be my perfect match. And when I say that the dog tells you what breed is perfect, I am serious. The mixed breed pooch told me why he would be perfect for me with a little animated video. Cute!
And there are SO MANY PET WIDGETS that you can put on your personal sites or desktop, like Name Taggers, Weather Widget, Animal Antics and more. Here is an example:
If you like the site and all it has to offer, be sure to Fan Petcentric on Facebook, so you can stay up-t0-date on the latest pet news!
Also, have you heard about Purina ONE Tour for Heroes? The Purina ONE Tour For Heroes is helping pets in need from coast to coast. From February 3 – 26, 2010, Purina ONE® brand Pet Food is traveling across the country, stopping at local animal shelters to help pets in need with temporary food banks and adoption events.
If you live near one of the tour stops listed on the site, please go and visit! If not, you can still help out. Just visit MarthaStewart.com/pet-adoption between now and March 31, 2010, find an adoptable pet using our search tool, and click to share that pet’s profile with your Facebook friends. Each time you do, Purina ONE will donate $1 worth of pet food to food banks across the country to help feed pets in need (up to $50,000 worth of pet food). You’ll be doing your part to publicize these animals’ urgent need to find a loving home, and help keep other needy pets in their homes and out of a shelter.
(2) Two Winners will receive Everyday with Rachel Ray Faves. Every Day with Rachael Ray tote bag is filled with pet-friendly products that have been featured in the pages of Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine. The approximate retail value (ARV) of each prize pack is around $40)
MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit Petcentric then come back here and tell me one of your favorite pet photos from the site
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can do the following – leave a comment for each:
- Add ErinTales to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link. (1 tweet per day is allowed)
- Fan Petcentric on Facebook!
- Blog about your puppy/dog and tell me why they need new toys – add a link to this Mom Buzz contest and Petcentric! (3 entries, leave 3 comments)
- Follow Petcentric on Twitter – tell them you saw them @themombuzz
- Share an adoptable pet on your Facebook page – who’s picture did you share?
- Subscribe to the Mom Buzz via e-mail
- Enter to win a trip to Orlando from Suave!
- Leave a Comment on my Frigidaire Post
- Enter the YooHoo & Friends Contest
Contest ends 2/19/10. This is for the US only. Please refer to complete contest rules. The entries listed above are the ONLY entries for this contest. Winners will be notified by e-mail (if supplied in the entry or on profile page), as well as on the Winner’s Wall.