I don’t give my kids too much juice, they are mostly water and milk drinkers. But every now and then, for playdates and trips… or if there is an awesome sale, I’ll pick up some juice boxes. Boy, the kids are crazy about them! But not every kid just has juice just as a treat and in those cases you want to make sure you are giving your kid the best option for juice. One juice option in a kid-friendly container are the Honest Kids Juice Pouches.
About Honest Kids: Honest Kids juice pouches are certified organic, contain no high fructose corn syrup and deliver 100% of the daily-recommended value of Vitamin C. With about half the sugar of most kids’ drinks, Honest Kids continues its mission to deliver healthier, lower sugar options for children. Honest Kids is available in five fun varieties including Appley Ever After, Berry Berry Good Lemonade, Goodness Grapeness, Super Fruit Punch and Tropical Tango Punch.
Honest Kids wanted the Mom Buzz boys to try out the drinks at home. This is always a little scary, since my boys are the pickiest eaters and drinkers around. That said, when they like something I know it must be good. Both my littlest one and I loved the Berry Berry Good Lemonade. He and I were swapping the juice pouch samples back and forth as we both quenched our thirst. It wasn’t overly sweet or sour – just perfect. It has lemonade, cranberry and “other berries” …plus carrot juice. It was a 6.75 ounce pack, which I think is more than the juice boxes I pick up. There were 40 calories in a serving. The first time I tried sticking the straw in the pouch, I was a little confuddled. There is no clear “stick the straw here” hole. You just pop it through anywhere on the very top.
Honest Kids also sent Appley Every After and Super Fruit Punch. Now this is where pickiness kicks in. I can’t drink Apple Juice (or Cider) and the boys wouldn’t even open there mouths to try it to make their own decision? Go figure. My older one had an aversion to the pouch format and my little one only wanted to share with me and since I was being the picky one, he wouldn’t try the other flavors. Hilarious!
If you want to try Honest Kids, you can go to their store locator to see where it is located near you. I only had one supermarket close to me that carried it.
One reader will win two boxes (8 pouches per box – 16 pouches total) of their preferred flavor of Honest Kids Juice.
- FIRST: MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit HonestTea.com, the makers of Honest Kids Juice Pouches. Tell me something you learned on their site.
SECOND: EXTRA ENTRIES:
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED/MANDATORY entry. But for extra entries, you can do the following – leave a comment for each:
- Add theMomBuzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link. (1 tweet per DAY is allowed)
- Follow HonestTea on Twitter and tweet them that you read about them @themombuzz
- Blog about the contest – add a link to this Contest Page on the Mom Buzz and the sponsor.
- Subscribe to the Mom Buzz via e-mail or Google Reader (see right hand column – the Fox)
- Leave a comment or entry on any other post here at theMomBuzz.com – let me know where!
- Leave a comment or entry on the AnytimeCostumes.com contest!
- Leave a comment on the Frigidaire post!
- Fan HonestTea on Facebook.
Contest ends 3/31/10. This is open to the USA. Please refer to complete contest rules. The entries listed above are the ONLY entries for this contest. Winners will be notified by e-mail (if supplied in the entry or on profile page), as well as on the Winner’s Wall.