Recently I was on Good Morning Tampa Bay with some Staycation Tips. One idea for an affordable Staycation Activity this summer is bike riding! As a parent, you have to think of how the kids can join in this fun family activity. If they are old enough, they can keep up on a bike trail on their own bike. But if they are too small to pedal or keep up, WeeRide.com has a lot of bicycling accessories that can be fit on most bikes.
They sent me the WeeRide Kanagaroo Center-Mounted Bicycle Child Carrier to review, which sits right in front of you – yet behind the handle bars, as you pedal around. The seat is easy to assemble, since I got that far. Unfortunately, my bike is one of those few bikes that isn’t designed in a way to attach the carrier. But for most bikes, that won’t be a problem!
It is designed to be safer than rear-carriers, which can topple over and be off-balanced easier. You can keep a better eye on your child when they are seated in front of you and they have a better view too! Plus, should your bike topple over, you are in a better position to protect them with your arms encircling them.You can see a great interview and example of the WeeRide in action here:
The seat may look small, but it can be used to the age of four for an average size child – or 40 pounds. It is sleek and lightweight. There are adjustable foot cups and I love the armrest that sits in front of them. I am going to borrow a bike soon and hope to show you the Mom Buzz in action on the WeeRide Kangaroo Center Mounted Seat. You can purchase one for $59.99 on Amazon.
Win a WeeRide Kangaroo Mounted Bicycle Child Carrier
- FIRST: MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit www.weeride.com and tell me what other product you love.
SECOND: EXTRA ENTRIES:
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED/MANDATORY entry. But for extra entries, you can do the following – leave a comment for each:
- Add theMomBuzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link. (1 tweet per DAY is allowed)
- Leave a comment on any non-give-away post at theMomBuzz.com – let me know where.
- Follow VTECHTOYS on Twitter and tell them you saw the MobiGo review @themombuzz
- Become a VTECH TOYS FAN on Facebook! Leave them a comment letting them know you saw the MobiGo review on theMomBuzz.com!
- Add the Mom Buzz button to your site or onto your blogroll (Feed: http://themombuzz.com/feed/)
Contest ends 7/26/10. This is open to the USA. Please refer to complete contest rules. The entries listed above are the ONLY entries for this contest. Winners will be notified by e-mail (if supplied in the entry or on profile page), as well as on the Winner’s Wall.