Like most moms, I am pretty busy. Right now, as I type, I still need to pick up the house, play a promised game with my sons, bathe the kids, get them ready to visit Grandma and Grandpa, prepare for a date with the husband, do dishes, do laundry and bake some Valentine’s Goodies.
So, when in a rush, what does a mom do. Oh, how about grab a Funfetti Valentine’s Cookie Mix and some no-fuss Easy Frost Frosting (special edition – Valentine’s Pink!). You really can’t get any easier.
You can just do simple drop cookies with the mix, or you can change up the recipe a little bit to do cut-out cookies. It all depends on time constraints. Me…. I’m in a MAJOR rush. LOL. But I had a plan.. and this was the result. They weren’t as even as I would like. But hey, I had a three year old helping. (Blame the three year old who doesn’t read or write, eh?) And they were SUPER TASTY.
Here is what I did.
1. Dump the mix into a container. Admire the pretty funfetti (pink sprinkles) that is already pre-added in the Valentine’s Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix.
2. Add a few drops of McCormick Red Food Dye to make as pink or red as you desire. Oh – and add 1 stick of butter and 1 egg, as per the directions.
3. For an extra vanilla taste (we loooove vanilla), throw in an extra teaspoon of McCormick Vanilla Extract. YUM!
4. Drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes. Cool for two minutes before removing.
6. Use one cookie as a sandwich bottom. Put Easy Frost into the middle. Cover with another cookie. Now you have a cookie sandwich.
7. Now time to embellish. Add a tad more frosting on the very top and put a cute conversation heart onto it. Sweet! Right?
It took me less than an hour to make something the kids loved. It is an easy, special treat that wow’d my littlest Valentines. And all it took was 5 – 6 little items to pull it together!