Let’s start off the Mother’s Day buzz nice and strong! Just like I did with Christmas and Easter, I am putting together a Gift Guide for Mother’s Day! You can find the link right on the upper navigation bar. And one of the first items on it is Origami Owl, the whole Living Locket craze that you can easily modify for a season or reason with various floating charms.
Origami Owl lockets are sold by independant designers, all within the Origami Owl network. If you are looking for a designer to work with, I suggest Christina at Gifts You Will Treasure. She currently has some FABULOUS promotions going on, so you can possibly further enhance a locket for yourself or as a gift!
Promotion One – GIVE-AWAY: Win a Medium Locket with a ball chain and a charm of choice! To enter to win, like Christina’s Lockets on Facebook. Simply check out THIS FACEBOOK UPDATE and enter using her Rafflecopter Give-Away Form. Winner will be announced April 13, 2013.
Promotion Two – BIG DISCOUNT: For the month of April, Christina from Gifts You Will Treasure will be having a special of 25% off mom charms & plates and 15% off mom tags! This includes anything that says mom grandma, nana, sister. To get the deal, e-mail Christina your order so she can put it in on her side: email@example.com
Now, I had ordered my sister an Origami Owl necklace – she still has NO CLUE. I really hope she doesn’t read this. Eek. But I was SO JEALOUS of my gift to her! That will happen when you see them in person. They are so pretty and unique. So I was thrilled that Christina allowed theMomBuzz to receive a locket to review here on theMomBuzz.
We went back and forth, and as much as I love the seasonal bling I saw with shamrocks, hearts and more, I wanted my first necklace to be “me”. I asked for a simple rose gold locket, a family plate and two birthstone charms to represent my boys. To me it’s the perfect mom locket. If you want quick links to order a simple, tasteful Mother’s Day Origami Owl Locket, simply follow the steps and links below.
- First: Choose a locket. I’ve seen the Large and Medium sizes and I personally suggest going for the Large Locket. It makes more of an impact and can hold more floating charms. My favorite Large Locket is the Large Silver. But if you like the look for Rose Gold, it currently only comes in medium. Price: $20+
- Next: Choose a plate. I’ve seen Living Lockets with and without the plates. I think the plate gives it a nice “background” to display the charms. Remember, in the month of April you get 25% off mom-themes plates! Plates are around $8 without the deal. With the deal, you can score one for $6!
- Third: Choose a Chain. My favorite chain remains the Ball Station chains which start at $8.
- Fourth: Add some charm! For some simple Mother’s Day bling, you can add birthstones to represent the children and/or grandchildren. That’s what I did – I got the May and December birth stones to represent each of my boys. But remember, you also get 25% off all MOM CHARMS in April! So you are looking at $2.75 – $5 per charm.
- Total cost of a simple Origami Owl Locket – $36.75
And those are the steps to creating a simple Origami Owl Locket for as low as $36.75! You can get fancier with dangles, and chunkier chains and blinged out lockets – but for a first Living Locket this is GREAT. And if you take advantage of the April Mother’s Day discount, remember to E-Mail Christina your order at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you can simply place your order online at www.giftsyouwilltreasure.origamiowl.com.
Finally, one last nice reason for giving Origami Owl as a Mother’s Day gift is the “presentation”. All Origami Owl Locket Orders come in an adorable faux fortune cookie make out of a kimono and that is boxed in an adorable tiny Chinese Take-Out box. No extra gift wrapping necessary!
Check out the full selection of Living Lockets at Gifts You Will Treasure! Remember to enter the Origami Owl Rafflecopter contest before it is over on 4.13.13! And follow Independent Origami Owl designer Christina on Facebook for additional inspiration!