Every year my niece has her eye on … well, the whole American Girl collection. And as her fairy godmother (yes, fairy), it is my job to fulfill her wishes and dreams. And I understand her love of these classic, collectible dolls. The quality of the dolls and accessories, the stories of faith and courage that girls can relate to, and I love those Innerstar University “choose your adventure” books!
Well, if a special girl (like my niece) is in your life that adores American Girl and you want a gift that makes Christmas seem a little more magical – here are our top gift suggestions from American Girl!
|1. Saige Set||2. My American Girl Doll||3. Chestnut Horse||4. Deluxe Layette||5. Bitty Twin Dolls|
|$110||$110||$75||w/Itty Bitty Doll||$115|
|6. Bitty Baby Doll||7. Day at an||8. American Girl Mag||9. Sparkle Dress for Girls||10. Pretty Pink Coat|
|$80||American Girl Store||1 year, 6 Issues||and Dolls||for Dolls|
1. 2013 Girl of the Year: Saige Doll and Book – If you have plans to purchase the 2103 Girl of the Year, do it now. They sell out fast this time of year. My actual suggestion is to purchase them at the beginning of every year to gift for the holidays. Saige is a spirited and imaginative girl who loves painting and horseback riding at her grandma’s ranch in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In Saige’s story, she turns her passion into persuasion to promote the arts in her community. The Saige doll is 18” tall with light skin, freckles, long auburn-colored hair, and dark turquoise eyes. She has pierced ears with earrings, and wears a Southwestern ring on her right hand. Saige comes in an indigo knit dress with cropped sleeves, geometric embroidery, and a tiered skirt. Includes tall boots with wrap straps and blue cotton underwear, plus the Saige paperback book, written by Jessie Haas. ($110)
2. My American Girl Doll – Create the doll that’s just right for your child. With your My American Girl doll, you can choose her look, interests, and even her personality. Includes: an 18” doll dressed in the True Spirit Outfit: a pink tee with tone-on-tone print, a flared skirt with a double-ribbon belt, pink underwear, and tall boots; a charm-keeper necklace to hold her collectable charms (get a charm with every My American Girl outfit; Codes that give you full access to online play at InnerstarU.com—a fun, enriching, safe online world created just for girls and their My American Girl dolls ($110)
3. Chestnut Horse – I saw the Chestnut Horse at the American Girl store in Chicago. It is truly gorgeous. This beautiful horse is sure to be a true friend to your young girl. She has a velvety chestnut coat, and her brown mane and tail can be brushed and styled. She comes with a maroon saddle blanket, a faux-leather saddle with adjustable stirrups, and a bridle for leading her. ($75)
4. Deluxe Layette Collection with Bitty Baby Doll – This 15-piece deluxe collection comes with the Bitty Baby doll of your choice, dressed in a cloth diaper and Cuddly Star Pajamas, plus the Bitty Baby and Me hardcover picture book that brings her story to life. Includes lots of mix-and-match outfits for playtime fun: a gingham dress with embroidery and eyelet lace at the hem, a knit cardigan with scalloped trim and embroidered details, knit pants with a gingham sash and bow, white tights with sweet rows of eyelet ruffles, pink shoes with a trio of rosettes at the toe, a soft star rattle with rings for shaking, a bottle for feeding time, a soft bib with star-hearts that dangle from green ribbon, and two fabric-covered hangers to keep her clothes neat and tidy. Everything fits inside the satin suitcase, featuring an inner pocket for organizing and a handle for carrying. ($180)
5. Bitty Twins Dolls – These seem to be gaining in popularity with the 4 – 6 age group. With the on-the-go Bitty Twins, you choose skin tone, hair color, and gender to create your child’s favorite pair. The twins arrive in adorable argyle outfits. The 15-inch bodies feature poseable arms and hair for styling. Includes the Bitty Twins Learn to Share book. ($115)
6. Bitty Baby Doll: Designed for girls ages 3 and up, Bitty Baby is a 15-inch soft-bodied doll available in 11 different combinations of skin tone, eye-, and hair-color, allowing girls to create a one-of-a-kind companion that’s just right for them. Each Bitty Baby doll comes dressed in her signature sleeper, along with a special “wishing star” keepsake toy and a beautifully illustrated Bitty Baby and Me hardcover picture book. ($80)
7. Day at an American Girl Store – I’ve said before that the American Girl store is like Christmas in itself – like just part of Santa’s Workshop! American Girl stores celebrate girls’ interests with engaging products and experiences designed just for them. Located at fifteen premier shopping and entertainment destinations nationwide, American Girl stores have been praised as leading models for experiential retail and provide a special place for girls to make lasting memories with their families and friends. For more information, call 877-247-5223 or visit americangirl.com
8. American Girl Magazine – My niece loves the American Girl magazine and it gives us the opportunity to sit down and discuss quizzes, projects and articles. American Girl is the largest magazine in the country published exclusively for girls. The popular mom-endorsed, daughter-approved magazine is packed with fiction, games, puzzles, and party plans. American Girl magazine is a hit with readers and parents alike. It’s ideal for ages 8+.($22.95, 1 Year, 6 issues)
9. Sparkle Party Dress for Girls and Dolls – My niece loves matching with her American Girl dolls, so I usually try to get an outfit for her and a matching one for the dolls. These are sold separately, though. The Sparkle Party Dress is trimmed with rosettes and rhinestones, and features a bubble-mesh skirt with a sparkle print that peeks through, plus a satin sash at the waist. The doll version includes a rhinestone-studded headband, cream tights, and sparkly red shoes, plus a “Fair” heart. ($36 for Doll; $68 for Girl)
10. Pretty Pink Coat Set – This pale pink coat is trimmed in faux fur, and features a hood and a satin ribbon bow at the
waist. Add the knee-high boots wrapped in pink ribbons to match. Includes a “Fair” round charm for the doll’s charm-keeper necklace. ($34)
Is an American Girl doll and accessories on your child’s Holiday Wish List? Let us know what your kids want! Something from our top ten list … or do they have a different idea of what Santa (or grandma) might bring?