As a mom, I try to encourage the Easter Bunny to bring toys over treats. But, it’s just not an Easter Basket without Peeps. It looks incomplete without those marshmallow bunnies and chicks in a variety of sugar-coated hues and flavors. And the nice thing about PeepsandCompany, is that they also sell non-sugary treats with the iconic chicks and bunnies on them!
There is so much you can do with Peeps. Some creative folks make Easter Baskets USING Peep Boxes. There are also many popular Peep projects on Pinterest – try saying THAT three times fast! Finally, it’s easy to color coordinate a basket with Peep products.
Oh my, I am already picture heavy in my Peep love and I am just grazing the top of the Peep Possibilities! But I will list my top ten Peep choices that are all available from PeepandCompany, as well favorite retail and candy stores!
1. PEEPS Marshmallow Chicks and Bunnies. Can you choose just one style? I think not! The chicks come in 5 or 10 count packages and the bunnies come in 4, 12 or 16 count packages. They are available in a rainbow of colors – yellow, pink, blue, purple, green, orange and even white.
2. Plush Peeps. Last year I bought each son a plush Peep toy – one that looked like a chick and one that looked like a bunny. This year we received a shaggy, plush bunny in bright orange! So soft and marshmallow scented. Yum! A cuddly addition to the Easter basket. (see pictured at top of post) And with every Peep plush purchased, another plush will be sent to Starlight Children’s Foundation!
3. Flavored Peeps. I am a Peep traditionalist, marshmallow with a sugar coating is all I need. But there are a whole lot of flavored Peeps that kids will love. For example, Party Cake, Blue Raspberry, Sour Watermelon and the new Orange Creme. Just a heads up, the Sour Watermelon Peeps have a pink marshmallow center!
4. Limited Edition Peeps. Lime Delight for my sister. Orange Delight for me. Lemon Delight for a friend. These are flavored marshmallows dipped in flavored fudge. So decadent! These are LIMITED EDITION, so if you like one – make sure you stock up!
5. Chocolate Dipped Peeps. Yes, Chocolate. There are Chocolate Mousse Peeps dipped in Chocolate. Then there are regular PEEPS dipped in either milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Yes, come to the PEEP side, we have chocolate.
6. Mystery Peeps. Get this, they have these white Mystery Peeps. They might be salty, savory, sweet. You taste it and then you share it with PeepsandCompany via their Facebook or MarshmallowPeeps.com.
7. Jelly Beans. Do you love Jelly Beans? Well, Peeps and Company has so many varieties for grown up and child-like tastes. I am a fan of the TEENEE BEANEE® LUXOR LICORICE® Jelly Beans, but not too many people are licorice lovers. They also have American Medley (flavors inside are La Jolla Lemon, Napa Grape, Chesapeake Cherry, Savannah Strawberry, Indian River Orange, and Laredo Lime), Country Retreat package (flavors inside are Strawberry Cheesecake, Peaches and Cream, Blueberry Cobbler, Apple Dumpling a la Mode, and Banana Cream Pie), and Island Breeze (flavors inside include Caribbean Punch, Cabana Strawbana, Kauai Pineapple Banana, St. Kitts Kiwi Lime, and Martinique Orange Pineapple).
8. Lollipops. There are Peep Lollipops and Lollipops with Mike and Ike candies inside them. What a treat!
9. Mike & Ike Caramel Popcorn. Who knew Mike and Ike could go gourmet! They combined the sweet juiciness of MIKE AND IKE® candies with the savoriness of caramel popcorn and drizzled if with white chocolate to create a taste combination that’s like no other. Gourmet popcorn clusters are also available in these combinations: PEEPS® S’mores Gourmet Corn Clusters, MIKE AND IKE® Apple and Sea Salt, and HOT TAMALES® Gourmet Caramel Corn Clusters.
10. Peep Water Bottle. Finally, there are lots of non-candy options, including an adorable water bottle featuring the iconic PEEPS themselves. Super cute in a basket and useful for school or sports.
So celebrate Spring with fun and iconic PEEPS chicks and bunnies to make your Easter Baskets complete. They are colorful additions to baked goods, adorable accents to art projects and, of course, delicious and sweet treats.