I LOVE KRUSTEAZ. It is the only pancake mix I purchase. There is just something special about their mix, it makes the best pancakes. So when I was offered a chance to make a whole bunch of Krusteaz cookies with my son, I was on it. Especially now that we are back-to-school and he is spending 30 less hours with me a week, this is a good way to get in some mom/son time.
Krusteaz recently released new Bakery Style Cookie Mixes, which taste great and are very convenient. It’s a great way to bake, without hunting down a whole bunch of missing ingredients. For the most part, all you need is an egg and 1/2 cup butter to get these mixes going. Although, there are options to twist up the fun and use the mixes to make Pinterest-worthy cookies.
New Krusteaz Bakery Style Cookie Mixes include:
- Triple Chocolate Chunk: The first mix I made. It is the perfect amount of choco chips. Santa would approve.
- Brown Sugar Oatmeal: Oh My Goodness! If you think you don’t like oatmeal cookies, you are wrong. We added choco chips to make these extra delicious.
- Butter Vanilla Sugar: So many different things you can do with this mix. We made spiral cookies and my son thought they came out perfect. They preferred these to store bought cookies and my son and I were declared the best bakers in the world by my oldest.
- Meyer Lemon: We still have to try this one! I am waiting closer to the holidays.
- Double Peanut Butter: We did not try this one, since my son is allergic to PB.
- Oatmeal Scotchie: I thought this one was good, but my sons didn’t agree. I think more mature cookie eaters would like it, though. Good for bake sales at school.
Below are some of the cookies we made. These mixes are THICK. I would suggest using a blender or mixer and not attempting to hand mix.
The first mix I did was the Triple Chocolate Chunk. I am in the middle of moving and didn’t feel like hunting down my mixers. I attempted hand mixing, which was a big fail. I finally had to give in and find my little electric hand mixer, which made it easier. I think the cookies would have come out better shaped with a Standing Mixer.That said, these come out SWEET and CHOCOLATEY and the taste is a win!
Next my son and I went a little zany. We made two boxes of the Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix and colored each differently. We flattened them, put one on the other, rolled it sushi style, rolled it in sprinkles and then cut them. These are our fun spiral cookies, which the boys preferred to store bought cookies. They preferred them over OREOS! HA! Take that Oreo!
Then most recently we did the Oatmeal cookies. Using my mixers was a big win. My son called them the “Big Boys” when I pulled them out. They did the work perfectly and helped make our oatmeal cookies the perfect consistency. I added Choco Chips to the Brown Sugar Oatmeal mix, which I highly suggest.
Overall, I thought these mixes were great. If I was going to choose my favorite, it would be the Brown Sugar Oatmeal, with your own chocochips added. And I cannot wait to try and make those Lemon Cookies! And the cool thing is, you can add your own twist and just use these mixes to make something even cooler, like bars, pies, brownies and more! Visit their Recipe Page for more ideas!
One reader at theMomBuzz is going to win the New Krusteaz Bakery Style Cookie Mixes: Triple Chocolate Chunk, Brown Sugar Oatmeal, Butter Vanilla Sugar, Meyer Lemon, Double Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Scotchie. This contest begins 9/5/15 and ends 9/30/15. To enter to win, please follow the Rafflecopter directions below.