Erin Taylor is owner of the Mom Buzz, a national website that buzzes parenting tips and product trends to parents. Erin has had experience discussing hot items for children and moms on Daytime in 2009 and 2010, plus has done an exclusive interview with Elmo in 2010. The Mom Buzz has been online since 2008 and publishes daily. You can learn more at www.themombuzz.com.
• To build product awareness and provide information through word of mouth and online tools. To learn how, contact the editor Erin Taylor.
• Master’s Degree, Mass Communications
• Bachelor’s Degree, Education
• Computer literate; Microsoft Office Word, Power Point, Microsoft Office Publisher, Microsoft Office Excel, Adobe Creative Suite
• Consistent record of exceeding business expectations (see Career Accomplishments)
• Proven communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in diverse settings
• Forges strong business relationships
The Mom Buzz
October 2008 – Present
Owner, Operator, Marketing Specialist
Actively promotes products that are helpful to moms and their children. Provides tips on health, parenting and trends. Partners with approved sponsors to generate buzz. Uses social networking and various media to generate buzz. For online stats, contact Erin.
Television Appearances for theMomBuzz.com and buzzworthy products:
Daytime appearance, May 4, 2010
Daytime appearance, January 2009
Granite Services International, Inc
October 2006 – December 2007
Marketing Coordinator/ Commercial Analyst
Coordinated with design firms to develop annual report, brochure and support material for company services. Organized photo shoots for original photography. Researched and negotiated service contracts and purchasing agreements. Wrote internal communications on behalf of the CEO, Commercial Operations and Facility Management. Managed installation and implementation of new security system and building access procedures. Writing samples available.
Bekaert Specialty Films, LLC
July 2002 – October 2006
Marketing Communications Coordinator
Represented the company at major trade shows; coordinated collateral, developed point of purchase displays and contacted potential and current customers. Gathered approximately 1,400 leads per show and prepared follow-up contact. Organized dealer events for over 500 guests; coordinated entertainment, menu, direct mail announcement and pre-event set-up. Created customer-oriented sales incentives. Coordinated with designers to develop dealer oriented web sites, magazines and support material for company products. Organized media contact lists. Wrote press releases for company programs. Researched and purchased ad space in appropriate sources. Writing samples available.
Pinellas Care Systems, Inc.
January 2002 – November 2002
Supportive Living Coach
Provided developmentally disabled individuals with the support needed to live independently in a community-integrated setting. Adhered to each individual’s support plans in order to enhance their social development. Provided individuals access to the tools necessary to achieve their unique goals, aspirations and planned objectives.
SIRS Publishing, Inc.
August 2000 – December 2001
Permission’s Manager (Aug. 2001 – Dec. 2001)
Project Coordinator (Dec. 2000 – August 2001)
Permission’s Associate (Aug. 2000 – December 2000)
Managed the permission’s and subscription’s needs of an electronic and print educational publishing company. Handled accounts to purchase articles for five databases, created contractual agreements to purchase these articles, actualized new products to be used in educational settings and oversaw employees to maximize database growth. Acted as a liaison between editors, publishers and others in the field of publishing. Pursued new articles through the use of various communication outlets, such as facsimile, telephone, mailings and e-mail. Created mailers and informational packs to be sent out to inform authors and publishers about our organization.
Lion Country Safari
May 2000 – August 2000
Created and performed numerous, daily educational presentations for the public. Assisted in promoting Lion Country Safari services. Coordinated customer oriented events, such as tours and camp activities.
• Master’s degree in Mass Communications.
University of South Florida. Graduated 2005.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, endorsement in ESOL.
Florida Atlantic University. Graduated Magna cum Laude, 2000.
• Bekaert Specialty Films, LLC
Spirit Award – For exemplary support with developing comprehensive, industry-leading marketing collateral, March 2006
• SIRS Publishing, Inc.
Employee of the Month, August 2001
• Adobe In-Design, Advanced, March 2007
• Adobe In-Design Beginner, February 2007
• How to Become a Better Communicator, February 2006
• E-Marketing Conference, January 2006
• Successful Public Speaking, April 2005
• Creating Special Events, June 2004
• PowerPoint 2002 (XP) – Level 2, October 2004
• How to Design a Training Program, September 2002
• Seven Danger Zones for Supervisors: Training Series, November 2001